Благослови эту пищу,
которую мы предступаем употреблять.
"Пуст она будет нам в пользу. Дай принят чувства благодарности. Аминь."
We would say after the meal:
"Слава Богу Маме, Папе и Спасибо."
We say to others when visiting:
"Спасибо нашим поваром,
За то что вкусно варят нам."
Other family fun facts and traditions we have over the table:
- Mama's homemade bread was always cut and placed in the middle of the table to just about any entry.
- It was required to wait upon anyone to come to the table for meal if they were home.
- We would usually always drink tea at the end of the meal, that is because of my dad loved green tea.
- At the end of the meal, mama would bring something sweet and usually she would divides it evenly as everyone watches how shares it with everyone starting with dad and going from the oldest to the youngest.
- The funny thing is that there is almost always an announcement from dad after meal saying, "Каждый мойте тарелку за собой."
- Another thing that was very important, and often we took it for granted, is that mama was always serving without a question. We are so used to it, that often times we think it that she must be serving us and dad. It was a good examples for the daughters in our family to learn to serve others with out a questions and complains. Thank you, MAMA, you have taught us well. I love you <3 always!
- Back in Kazakhstan, every Sunday we gathered at the table as a family for a meal, and at the end of the meal my mother would bring a bar of German chocolate and divide it with a knife as everyone watches. And then starting from dad then to from the oldest to youngest, everyone would get an equal amount of chocolate squares right into their stretched out hand :D good memories!