Yes, you can easily whip up your own with a few household ingredients, starting with liquid soap.
What you’ll need:
16 oz Mason jar
1/3 cup of shampoo (I used normalizing shampoo)
1/3 cup of body soap (I used lavender hand soap)
1 egg white
1/4 cup of Epson or sea salt
15-20 drops of essential oil (I used tea tree, because that’s all that I had)
2/3 Warm water
In a clean jar or other container, mix all ingredients and mix.
Pour the entire mixture under the running water as you draw your bath.
- Do not use completely all hand soap without shampoo. Hand soap is harsh by itself.
- You may use all body wash of any kind you find at home, works better.
- The egg white helps create stronger, longer-lasting bubbles, for a nice, fluffy bath.
- You may use any essentials oils you like.
Here are some tips on which essential oils you may want to choose:
- Here’s the coolest thing about Epsom salts: Scientists have proven that your body actually soaks UP the magnesium in Epsom salts when you bathe in it. So taking a bath in them is akin to getting a good dose of magnesium. What does magnesium do? It relaxes you. It soothes aching muscles. It regulates blood pressure. It regenerates and heals skin cells. And soaking in Epsom salts themselves? It reduces swelling, helps heal bruises, and detoxifies your system handily.
- Turn on Lounge/Jazz or other relaxing, meditating music such as Lounge Worship or Jazz.
- Drink a glass of red wine.
- Relax and Unwind!